Friday, August 04, 2006

Vacation Day #2, Part One - Lew Wallace


Lew Wallace Study
Originally uploaded by stuffle.
We started the day off today by visiting the General Lew Wallace Study Museum. Our daughter always talks about how glad she is that she is now old enough where she does not have to go with us on vacation anymore because we go to too many museums. I just love museums, however. Every town that I have ever lived in, the first thing we usually do is go visit all of the museums and learn as much as we can about the town's history. I just find it fascinating. I think Lisa enjoys this too. Either than, or she just doesn't complain about it... :)

Anyhow, I knew Lew Wallace only as the author of Ben-Hur, but was not aware of his other contributions to society, including his service to the country in two wars, and his service as a U.S. diplomat. If anyone who reads this makes it down to the Crawfordsville area, I suggest this museum as well as the Old Jail Museum which we toured a couple of years ago.

No comments: