Friday, August 18, 2006

This Week's Moron Reward Go To... John Hogan.

I can easily understand how a person could get into an argument with his wife and get so pissed off that he would want to throw himself off of a fourth story balcony, presumably to his own death just so he would have to hear her yammer on anymore. I can easily sympathize with that. I think any married man can. However, when you grab your kids on the way out, you are just being a total ass!

Personally, I like the hospital director's comments:
Panayotis Spatharakis, director of the Heraklion Hospital, told the Daily Mirror: "We asked him why he did it and he told us he was very drunk and could not exactly remember what happened."

Summing up the bitterness of locals, he told the paper: "I feel that once he recovers and understands what he has done he should commit suicide."

Well said! Let's hope he gets right on that, this time without trying to take anyone with him! OK, not really. This dude obviously needs many prayers and much help. Still, I can't say I necessarily disagree with Mr. Spatharakis' sentiment.

It looks like the locals also had the right idea!
The Daily Mirror reported that Hogan's plight after the plunge brought little sympathy from angry locals who surrounded his stretcher to scream abuse.

Good for them!

1 comment:

Dionne said...

It is so hard to understand what makes people do such sick things. I remember hearing about a similar incident awhile back. Is this a 2nd incident?

I'm with you that the locals hurling abuse had it right!! It is one thing to try & commit suicide but it is another to take innocent children with you. Think how that little girl will be scarred for life.