Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Dangers of Racing in Wisconsin

My home state of Wisconsin is home to a couple of historic race tracks. One is the Milwaukee Mile, another is Road America. Wisconsin is also home to a lot of really large vermin commonly referred to as White-tailed Deer. As far too many Wisconsin drivers can tell you, these vermin have a nasty habit of jumping in front of cars.

These nasty creatures cause enough damage on our highways. However, that evidently is not enough for them, and now the stupid creatures are also wreaking havoc on our race tracks. I pray that Cristiano da Matta is alright. Hitting one of those stupid things in your family sedan can be downright deadly. Hitting one in a open wheeled race car must really be nasty...

Update: According to this report, da Matta was surgically treated for a subdural hematoma and is currently in intensive care.

2 comments:

Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

08 04 06

Man oh man Stuffle:
How strange! But you know, in the city of Oakland, CA their hills have quite a few deers and we call them walking rats. I still like Bambi though:)

Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

JOHN JAGLAR CALLED TO SEE IF i WAS STILL INTERESTED IN SELLING MY CAR. hE HIT A DEER ON THE WAY TO WORK ON fRIDAY. hE IS OK BUT HIS CAR IS NOT. I just noticed that someone left caps lock on. I'm to lazy to go back and correct. I hope your trip goes well. I call you when you get back about the bible study. I hope this doesn't ruin your rep. Bob Cook