Friday, January 06, 2006

More Tools

A while back, I created a post about some of the tools that I have found to be useful. However, these tools were mostly Firefox extensions. There are basically two big problems with these types of tools. First off, Firefox is not really a Mac OS X native browser. Many of the usual Mac OS services just don't work with it. Second, a lot of these extensions are kind of clumsy. Thus, I am reviewing other tools.

ecto is a full featured desktop blogging client for Mac OS X and Windows. Obviously, I am trying out the Mac OS X version. I am using it to create this post. It has a 21 demo. If I like it, I will pony up the measly $17.95 for it. So far, it seems like a very nice tool.

Pulp Fiction is actually a tool that I have been using a registered copy of for quite some time, but I stopped using it for a while to try some other tools. It is a very nice RSS reader, and I am going back to using it full time. If you are looking for a good RSS reader, and are a Mac user, I would suggest checking it out.

Currently listening to - City of Blinding Lights from the album "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" by U2

2 comments:

richmanwisco said...

I tried ecto before, but it didn't blow me away and was a wee bit klugy. Performancing does almost the same thing, it's free, and it's usable in the browser. Let me know how it works for you.

stuffle said...

So far I like it. It integrates will with PulpFiction, which is my preferred RSS reader, and while it is a bit clunky, I find it less clunky than Performancing. Also, unlike with anything in Firefox, the Mac OS X built in spell checking works with it. Plus, I tend to use Safari for most general surfing. Firing up Firefox just to do a post or two is a tad slow and clunky.

I'll do a followup post after a couple of weeks working with it.