Sunday, January 08, 2006

Appropriate Level of Intensity

I think it is because of the sloppy play, over-abundance of yellow flags, and preponderance of stupid pointless and silly celebrations that I have had waning interest in football over the last few years. This last season seems to have been particularly boring, but that may just be due to the fact that the Packers totally sucked ass.

All of that said, I am currently watching the Cincinnati vs Pittsburgh game. The level of hatred that the Bengal's fans have towards the Steelers is a thing of beauty to start with. Then early in the game, the Steelers knocked the Bengal's QB out of the game. This just feeds their hatred. The players are all on edge and have been on the brink of fighting after several plays. On top of that, the game is still pretty close (0 - 3 as I type, but the Bengal's are driving).

The fans are in to it. The players are in to it. This game has a level of intensity that I would like to see more of in football. This is exciting to watch, even though I don't particularly care who wins.

No comments: