Monday, June 11, 2007

Surfin' Safari (Sorry, Couldn't Resist...)

Really bad puns aside, Apple has released a public Beta of it's web browser (Safari) for both Windows XP / Vista and Mac OS X.  I have tried the Windows XP version out at work, and I have the Mac OS X version installed on both of my Macs at home.  So far, I love it.

Up until now, I have been using Firefox on my Macs because the previous version of Safari was not properly supported by the Blogspot editor, the Gmail editor, and a few other things.  Those problems, however, have been fixed with the version 3 Beta.  There have been a few other improvements as well, but the editor thing was a biggie for me.

I'll still keep Firefox around, as some things (like MLB Gameday Audio) still work better with it than with Safari.  However, I am glad to see that I can finally switch back to Safari as my day-to-day browser now that some of the more important web apps are supported properly.

Update: Macworld has a nice First Look article on the new Safari version...

No comments: