Friday, June 15, 2007

Ozzfest - Second Stage

My daughter and I are going to Ozzfest again this year, and I was perusing the list of band for this year.  The second stage selection this year is far more varied than last year.  Last year, almost all of the band were metalcore or thrashcore bands.  The best of the bunch, IHO, was probably Walls of Jericho. While metalcore/thrashcore is not my favorite genre, I do like it, especially when the bad is fronted by a female singer.

The one exception from the thrashcore was Bad Acid Trip.  I would describe them as Mr. Bungle with a bit of a metal edge.  OK, so their politics are all eff-ed up, but their music still kicks ass (watch the video and you will see what I mean on both counts...):

This year, however, the second stage appears be be much more diverse.  For example, 3 Inches of Blood certainly brings back visions of classic metal bands like Judas Priest or Iron Maiden, but adds some new edge to it.

Or course, any good metal shows would not be complete without some death metal, and with Daath, they have some pretty darn good death metal (I am not a big death metal fan, but some of it (like Daath) is pretty darn good, other stuff, like Nile (which will also be there), I could live without).

One final band of note this year is In This Moment, which brings us full circle to my love of metalcore / thrashcore bands fronted by female singers.  Enjoy!

No comments: