Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Music Mondays



OK, I am a day late, but YouTube was being a PITA yesterday, so I am doing this manually today...

Today I feature my favorite country singer (and pot head), Willie Nelson. In this case, singing with Bob Dylan, though I think the original was with Merle Haggard.

We (Lisa and I) saw both of these guys a couple of years ago on tour together. Some tour where they played all in minor league ball parks. It was a great show.

While we are on the subject of pot heads, about a month ago I was talking to my mom who was complaining about her memory apparently getting worse. I said I could sympathize, and she says "Yeah, but I'm getting old, your memory is probably just because you used to smoke too much pot." The best part is that my 16 year old daughter, who has my propensity to be a smart ass, was also there. Now, every time I can't come up with a word, or forget where I put my keys, or whatever, she says "see, you shouldn't have smoked all that pot when you were younger." Thanks, mom. It is not like Ashley actually needed any more ammunition...

Update: Then I come here a couple days later, and the failed posts from YouTube finally show up, and now I have the same video four different times... I give up. YouTube posts will be crafted manually from now on...

No comments: