Thursday, August 18, 2005

Quit Yer Bitchin'

I am getting really sick and tired of people bitching about the price of gas. If you don't like it, don't drive. Whatever you do, just shut the hell up.

First off, it is called a fair and open commodities market. If you have a problem with it, move to Russia.

Second, gas taxes may be high, but if they are actually used properly I have no problem with them. That is, they are supposed to be used for the roads. That is as it should be. Those who use the roads more will use more gas and will thus pay more tax and will thus pay more for the upkeep of the roads. Everything there is as it should be. I fear, however, that the money is not always spent as it should be and is sometimes going to fund useless social programs and whatnot. That is a separate issue, however.

Third, they are called "economy cars". Look into trading in your SUV, pickup, or whatever and getting one if filling your piggy vehicle up is such a hardship.

Fourth, they are called "jobs". If you can't afford your gas, look into getting a better one (or a second one).

Finally, I have never seen a budget (including my own) that didn't have some fat that could be trimmed (cable TV, cell phones, high speed internet, money to go out to eat, money pissed away at a bar, whatever). Look into cutting some of that before you bitch about the price of gas.

And yes, the price of gas does effect me. My trip to work is 40 miles one way. However, I don't really care. Rather than bitching about it, I am dealing with it. OK, done ranting now...

1 comment:

Teacher Tori said...

I hear ya! So I just pack my lunch one more time a week than I normally do and it makes up for it!