Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Power Outage

Well, it has certainly been a couple of interesting days.

First, I get home from softball last night and there is an message on the machine about power being out at work and telling me that it should be back by 4:30. This means I will likely have a little clean up to do in the morning, since some processes that run at night will have been interrupted. OK, thanks for the heads up...

Then, this morning I make my 40 mile drive to work and the power is still out... Power company says it will be a couple more hours yet, so I grab some stuff and drive 40 more miles back home. Finally got to start working around 11:00. Crappy part is it is now 8:45 and I finally finished what I wanted to get done today. On the plus side, I got to do this all from home...

No comments: