Monday, July 03, 2006

Walk the Line

So, I finally rented "Walk the Line" the other night and watched it. Very good movie! My favorite line is when he is in the records exec's office trying to convince them to record him live at Folsom Prison. Paraphrasing:

Record Exec: Your listeners are Christians. They don't want to hear you cheering up a bunch of rapists and murderers.

Johnny Cash: Well, they aren't really Christians, then.

The thing about Johnny Cash and his music that I think is most appealing is that it is something we can all relate to. His whole life truly illustrates what it means to be imperfect, and to be redeemed by Christ, and that is reflected in his music.

I chose to link the "Hurt" video for several reasons:
  • It is one of my favorite country artists covering one of my favorite rock artists.
  • The video and song are both well done.
  • It is (I think) the last video with June in it, or at least close to the last.
  • The song itself is, I think, something we can all relate to. After all, we are all imperfect, and have all done things in our lives that I am sure we regret.

Anyhow, if you want to see a well done movie that reminds you that no matter how bad things get, you can be redeemed through Christ and can get your ship turned around, then I certainly recommend "Walk the Line."

No comments: