Saturday, July 15, 2006

Hot Summer Days


Sunsetter
Originally uploaded by stuffle.


Today was hot, at least for Wisconsin. I was drenched just after mowing the lawn, so I spent most of the day inside being lazy. OK, I wasn't being completely lazy. I did dial in to work and get some extra tasks done, but I did stay out of the heat.

As the sun got low in the west, a nice breeze developed, so we decided to cook out and eat on the back patio. Luckily, we have our new Sunsetter installed. My mom and dad like to give one large combined gift covering my birthday, my wife's birthday, and our anniversary all in one shot. This year, it was this Sunsetter. On days like today, it is nice to sit out in the shade and eat dinner. We love it. Thanks, Mom and Dad!!




The Hill
Originally uploaded by stuffle.


This next picture is the view from our patio. When we first moved into our house, none of those houses were down there. Our house was part of the phase one development, the houses in this picture were in phase two. There are a lot of houses behind them from even later phases.

What I was trying to get with this picture is the hill behind the houses. This will be built up in some later phase of development. I will be interesting to compare this picture to the view we have in five years or so (assuming we are still in this house at that time).

No comments: