Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Name Change...

You might notice I changed the name of my blog. The original title was really just a take off of The World According to Garp. I got tired of that.

The current title takes my full nickname into account (that would be "stuffleheaded bastard", but it was quickly shorted to "stuffle"). That name came into being about 15 years ago when I was a cook in a restaurant.

We had the Point of Sales devices where the waitresses would punch in their orders and they would come back to the kitchen ticket printer. That was some pretty fancy crap 15 years ago. Now, it is ubiquitous. Waitresses could put in special instructions with the order.

One waitress, who was going on break, put in her own dinner order. She meant to put in "Now, you stubble headed bastard!" for special instructions, but put in "Now, you stuffle headed bastard". I came out to the bar area, asked quite loudly just what a "stuffle headed bastard" was, and the name stuck.

So, in honor of Anne unintentionally giving me my college nick-name about 15 years ago, I have changed the title of my blog to more accurately reflect that name... (that, and I was bored with the old one)

No comments: