Monday, July 04, 2005

OK, Now That was Stupid...

I sometimes criticize Ned Yost for making some really stupid moves. However, I have never seen him replace a batter mid-count like Jack McKeon did for the Marlins tonight. With an 0-2 count, he pulls the batter and puts in Lenny Harris. Why you would do something like that (barring injury to the current batter) is beyond me, but hey, it works out well for us. After all, Harris only gets one strike to work with, and we don't have to face Harris in a situation where it might matter, and where he has a full count to work with...

2 comments:

Tom said...

The best part of that was that Harris was laughing. I don't think he could believe it was going on either.

You forgot to mention that it was a relief pitcher batting in the bottom of the 8th with 2 fricken outs. Why was he battting? The first guy wanted no part of Sheets' curve ball.

I thought Shroeder was going to come out of booth he was so thrown.

stuffle said...

I thought it was a relief pitcher, but I wasn't sure. I was only half watching the game while trying to clean up the house after the weekend.