Sunday, July 17, 2005

Another Busy Weekend

Well, it was another busy weekend. Maybe sometime I will get back to posting something of substance, when I actually have time to pay attention to the rest of the world and what is going on in it. In the meantime, here is what I have been up to.

Friday Night: Went to Miller Park with my brother to watch the Brewers beat the Nationals in extra innings. We sat in the Miller Lite Beerpen. Every Friday night home game, the Loge right field bleachers are called the Beerpen, and you get a free Miller sponsored Brewers shirt with your ticket. The Brewers won in extra innings after Stanton balked. At first, it looked like Weeks was going to be thrown out at first in yet another stupid base running mistake. Then the balk was called, walking in the runner who was on third. It was a thing of beauty!

Saturday Night: Went toTony Hawk's Boom Boom HuckJam at the Bradley Center. This was a birthday present for our daughter, Ashley (who just turned 15, man the time flies...). Ashley took her boyfriend, Manny. Ashley and Manny are both skaters, and spend a fair amount of time hanging out at the local skate park. They also like watching this sort of thing on Fuel. I thought the whole thing was amazing. Lisa and I both like the motocross the best, though.

Sunday Afternoon: Lisa had to work, and we had tickets to the Brewer game from our 10 pack. I sold the extra ticket to a guy from church who also has a couple of 10 packs so he took his son with him (he had already sold his other ticket from his 10 packs to Mark, another guy from church). This was another close game that the Brewers won. Luckily , Toma Ohka was sitting them down quickly and the game was short, because it was really, really hot! I caught a foul ball, and gave it to my friend's kid. When I got home and told my wife, she yelled at me for that. Oh well, I guess no good deed goes unpunished...

No comments: