Sunday, July 17, 2005

Let's Go, Yankees!

Well, the Yankee's just took three out of four from the wretched Red Sox and are just a half game out of first! It has been a tough year, but at least they are close to being back where they should be. Now if the Sox would just get back in the basement, where they belong, life would be good!

The Yankees really did their best to throw it away though when Cano threw a double play ball past Jeter and into left field. This eventually leads to a bases loaded, no outs situation with the Yanks up by two.

One absolutely beautiful 5-2-3 double play later followed by a 4-3 to get Damon, and the game is over. Let's keep it up, Yankees!!

2 comments:

Canadianna said...

Oh, you and my son!
We live in Toronto, and of course the rest of the family likes the Jays.
Last year I rooted for Boston for the pennent, because although I like New York, I felt really sorry for Boston. I don't think my son has forgiven me.
My thirteen year old hasn't taken off his Yankees jersey and cap since he got them for his birthday (last week).
I like baseball, but I'm really thinking 'Go! Leafs! Go!'
Ah, nevermind.

stuffle said...

My thirteen year old hasn't taken off his Yankees jersey

When the Yank's were in town, I wore my Yankee gear to both of the games we went to. It was kind of fun going as one of the obnoxious fans of the visiting team... :)

I like baseball, but I'm really thinking 'Go! Leafs! Go!'

I know how that goes. I like hockey, but during the season (when there is one) am really thinking "Let's go Yankees!!".