Monday, July 04, 2005

Busy, Busy, Busy...

Man, what a week. I was really busy at work, and then the weekend came and things just got worse... :) Actually, the weekend was very fun, just a lot of stuff going on right now.

Friday night, Ashley had some friends over for a birthday party. It is hard to believe that she is 15 already...

Saturday, Lisa and I went down to summerfest with my folks. We specifically went to see Those Darn Accordions and Pat McCurdy.

Sunday was church (which ran long). After that, we went to the the Brewers game, which also ran long (3 hrs and 40 min, for a nine inning game). We had the "pleasure" of seeing the Brewers blow an 8-2 lead... It was just utter frustrating. After we got home, we quickly prepared salads and stuff for today's cookout and then went to see the fireworks.

Finally, today we were supposed to watch Ashley march with the high school band in the July 4th parade. However, it stormed and the band did not march. Instead, we just went straight to having a cookout in the garage. My folks and Lisa's folks were there, as was my brother and his family. It would have been nicer if the sun was shining, but it was still fun.

Now that it is all over, I am going to rest for a while...

3 comments:

Tom said...

You really had to be 21 or over to see Pat? I've been away, Summerfest never used to do that...

stuffle said...

Not on the day I was there, since he was on one of the "normal" stages.

Jo Jo's Martini bar (a 21+ only covered stage over by the ampitheater) is new. Last year, it was a comedy stage (IIRC), and open to all.

I have no clue why they would need a 21+ stage when you can't swing a dead cat w/o finding a place to by a drink. Seems pretty stupid to me. We'll see how long it lasts...

Tom said...

Pat's site had an apology, and blamed summerfest.