Friday, June 17, 2005

The Fedora Core 4 Install is Complete

The Fedora Core 4 upgrade finished last night, but it was too late for me to test it, let alone actually comment on it. Some of use have to work, you know... :)

First off, the upgrade from Core 3 to Core 4 was cake. No major issues to report. When I first started using Linux in the middle to late 90's ('96 or '97, I would guess), installations were somewhat touch and go, and for an upgrade like this you were far better off just reinstalling from scratch. Things have really come a long way in the last 8 years or so...

Anyhow, everything is running well. The only thing of note that I have had to deal with is that PostgreSQL was upgraded from v7.4 to v8.0. This meant I had to reinstall my PRepS database and re-built PRepS. No big deal. At least it gave me some practice so I can write up some docs before users start bugging me about it...

No comments: