Sunday, October 23, 2005

Apple is Pissing Me Off

About a month ago, I noticed that I could no longer view videos like the one that Stacy has on her blog. This used to work just fine, but now whenever I do this, I get the spinning beach ball of death. It does not matter if I am using Safari or Firefox. Reading the Apple forums, it seems that I am not the only one with this problem.

Hopefully Apple gets this fixed soon. I am assuming this is Apple's problem since Windows Media Player has not been updated in a while, but patches for Mac OS X have been released regularly. I am assuming it stopped working with the latest OS X patch, but I could be wrong.

To get around this, I uninstalled the Window Media Player plugin. So, I can't watch the videos, but at least I can still read the blogs.

4 comments:

stuffle said...

Yeah. I like their machines, and I love the OS, but it can be a real PITA sometimes...

Still, between our Macs and my one Linux box, I have had far fewers issues then I used to have on the one Windows machine we used to have in the house... I'll take the hassles any day to get away from the wretched crap...

stuffle said...

They do construction project type accounting, correct?

Sort of. We don't actually do any accounting. We create software that construction companies use for project based accounting.

The accountants that we hire consult the our clients in effectivly using our software within their own accounting models, etc.

stuffle said...

The only Racine native I know of here is Randy. I don't recall him still living with his folks, but it is possible that he did for stints here and there.

stuffle said...

Yeah, I know he is a Whitewater grad. We actually have a few of them. Randy is one. Then there are a couple of programmers...

So, are you working in this area or did you take a job out of the area?