Thursday, July 26, 2007

Vacation Day One

Today was day one of our fifth annual vacation to Indianapolis for the Brickyard 400.

The day didn't start all that great.  First, it was raining hard in the morning.  I took the dog for a walk between showers, but didn't exactly get back before the next shower started.  Then, when I get home, Lisa is sick.  So, I load up the car and let Lisa rest.  I then go grab some breakfast alone so Lisa doesn't have to watch me eat.  When I got back, Lisa was feeling better, and hasn't have any problems since, so hopefully that will be it for people getting sick.

We are staying in Crawfordsville again, and the drive down here was completely uneventful.  Once we got here and unpacked, it was time to hit the exercise room.  I only made it 25 minutes on the stair climber, but it felt good after driving all morning.

For dinner, we decided to do something different, and drive down to Greencastle, which is about 30 miles south of Crawfordsville.  There we ate at a restaurant called Almost Home.  I had a steak covered with sauteed crab and a chili-lime sauce.  Lisa had a half rack of ribs.  The restaurant was very nice, and the food was terrific.  One strike against them, however, is that they had a mini Cubs shrine on one wall.  Still, it was certainly worth the extra driving.

Well, that's enough for today.  Tomorrow, we will probably head to Indy and hang around down town.

No comments: