Monday, May 29, 2006

Happy Birthday, Mom!!


Happy Birthday, Mom!!
Originally uploaded by stuffle.
For my mom's 60th birthday, we went downtown and had a cruise dinner on the Edelweiss II. A full set of pictures can be found on flickr.

The cruise went up and down the Milwaukee river, then out into the break waters on Lake Michigan. It was a nice warm day, but the temperature dropped quite a bit once we got out on the lake.

Dinner was very good. It consisted of fillet mignon, baked fish, vegetables, and a baked potato. There was also a salad and appetizers. If any of you are in the area, I would suggest giving this a try. It is a really good time, and the total cost is pretty reasonable for what you are getting (about $75 per person, including appetizers, salad, main course, and dessert, also champagne with the appetizers and wine with the meal (and a cash bar if you want something else)).

1 comment:

Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

05 29 06

Hey Stuffle:
Your mother doesn't look her age! Souns like a wonderful experience. I recall going on a similar type of thing on the Sacramento River. They have these boats that serve dinner etc, but it wasn't as nice as what you all did! Should the husband and I ever make it up to your neck of the woods, that seems like the perfect treat:) And your mother's birthday wasn't too far off from my Grandpa's 75th Celebration Cool!!!

Yeah, the race yesterday was awesme. I don't know the last time I saw a race get won in the last coupla MILES!!!! And although I wanted Andretti or Castroneves to win, Mr. Hornish has put in work for years. I think it was HIS time to shine! heeheeeee Have a great upcoming week, Stuffle and thanks for stopping by my blog:)