Thursday, November 24, 2005

Interesting Thanksgiving

Last night, Lisa and I went to the ecumenical Thanksgiving service. This year, it was at one of the Methodist churches. As usual, it was a beautiful service.

Today, we were supposed to go to Lisa's parent's house for Thanksgiving dinner. Before Lisa got up to go to work we got a call. Lisa's mom was sick. Change of plans. I pulled out a chicken from the freezer and went to the store. After Lisa got home from work, I made a nice little dinner here.

Later, it became obvious that our furnace was on the blink. I called a local place, fully prepared to pay a premium for the call. The guy comes out to the house, cleans the flame detector, shows me how to do it myself, and suggests that I do it before each heating season. He then says that since that was all it was, that he will pretend he wasn't even out here (IOW, free of charge). I was floored. So, any of y'all in the Watertown area need a new furnace, I am definitely going to suggest Klecker's. Real stand-up bunch of folks.

Well, I hope y'all had a good Thanksgiving. Later.

6 comments:

Bstermyster said...

Now, that is what I call a little holiday spirit, right there.

Happy Thanksgiving a day late and Merry Christmas now!

Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

11 26 05

Hey Stuffle: Glad to know you had a good Thanksgiving. Also glad to know there are still those with ethics in the business world! Cool!

richmanwisco said...

Klecker's has been good to me. The ignitor on my furnace went out one night during a blizzard. I got a hold of the on-call guy, and he said instead of coming out and replacing the part, I could pick it up at his house and only pay for the part. Sure it meant a trip through the snow, but a house call would have been much more costly. And it not about ethics, it's about good customer service.

Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

11 27 05

Well Rich: It is about both Imho. If the business person has no ethics, they won't give a darn about pleasing the customer cuz they got their money out of the deal. But if the business person sees that they can increse their profit margin by being nice, providing good customer service and giving a freebie every now and then; I think it is called good business ethics!

stuffle said...

And it not about ethics, it's about good customer service.

That's true. It certainly would have been perfectly ethical to charge me, and for that matter it would have been perfectly ethical to charge me a premium since it was a holiday.

Gyrobo said...

Eddie... your blog is gone! It is not where its address indicates it is! It has ceased to be a blog!

Explain yourself, young one!