Saturday, September 03, 2005

Fish Heads, Fish Heads

Roley, Poley Fish Heads...

Tonight we went to some Mexican joint here in Fond du Lac. Lisa and Ashley both had their usual (chicken chimichangas). I, on the other hand, like to pick things I have never had before (I love adventures in eating, though sometimes this backfires on me).

I found some dish I had never heard of before (can't recall what it was), but it was made with tilapia, which I like, so I thought "what the heck". It turned out that this dish included the whole tilapia (minus the guts) deep fried. This allowed me to indulge in a food oddity that has been of my favorites since I was a kid (that being crispy fried fish fins), and to freak out my daughter by mounting the fish head such that it stared at her during dinner (at which point my wife yelled at me for playing with my food).

Anyhow, the quality of this particular place was towards the lower end of the scale. But hey, at least I got to play with a fish head (and indulge in some crispy fins)...

No comments: