Friday, December 19, 2008

Nope, Not Dead Yet

No, I am not dead yet... This blog is pretty damn close to it, but I'm not.

The problem is, I have too many other things to do right now, so here is a snapshot of what is going on in my life:
  • Work is very busy. In this economy, that is a good thing. Sales need to pick up so we have the revenue to sustain development.
  • It is weird having a child who is out of High School living in the house. I am too young for that. On the other hand, a lot of guys my age have little ones. I am too old for that.
  • After three years teaching the three year old Sunday School class, I started teaching eighth graders this year. A couple of observations:

    • Three year olds are a lot cuter than eighth graders

    • Three year olds listen better than eighth graders

    • Three year olds are more fun than eighth graders

    • Three year olds are much more open to learning than eighth graders

    • Despite all of that, I would rather teach the eighth graders. You can actually have meaningful conversations with them, and my prep time involves a lot of Bible study rather than trying to come up with crafts that match the lesson. I like Bible study. I don't like crafts.

  • It has snowed like crazy here lately. This winter is turning out just like last winter. I hope we don't have another pipe break like we did last year.

2 comments:

Bstermyster said...

Start Blogging Again! There is a revival going on :)

stuffle said...

LOL... I thought everyone was micro-blogging on facebook and twitter... :)