Monday, February 05, 2007

Cold Snap

It is really cold, so cold that my brain has frozen to the point where I actually wrote this little haiku the other day in an e-mail message to some friends at work
Hang, icicle prism
Fall, pulchritudinous snow
Shit dude, it is cold
Bad poetry aside, this is probably the longest cold snap I can recall since moving back down to the southern half of the state 13 years ago. When I lived up north, we had one of these snaps every year. Now, I am a wuss, and can't handle it!

This morning, it was -17 when I walked the dog. The other day, Lisa and I walked from the US Cellular Center over to Rock Bottom Brewery. It is just a few blocks down Wells, not really all that far, but I would not have wanted to go any farther. The walk back for the Wave game was worse, since the wind was then in our faces. At least at that point I had a couple of pints in me...

I can't wait for Wednesday. My weather outlook widget tells me we should be up to 16 above by then!! Yeah!! OK, I'm done whining for now...

No comments: