Sunday, December 31, 2006

You're Out of Your Tree...

Both Lisa and Ashley had to work today, so I had the house to myself for most of the day. I made a pot of plum oolong tea and read Eragon for a couple of hours. I just started reading it a couple of days ago, but didn't get very far until today. I am only about 120 pages in to it, but here are my impressions so far: the book isn't bad, but it is highly and obviously derivative of Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Dragon Rider's of Pern. Still, despite the fact that it highly resembles things I have read (or seen, in the case of Star Wars) many, many times, it is still an entertaining read.

Lisa and I watched the Packers vs. Bears game, which was rather entertaining. If this is Favre's last game, it is certainly a good way to go out.

Now, I am watching Benny & Joon. Personally, I think both Johnny Depp & Mary Stuart Masterson are brilliant in that movie. I am strangely sympathetic to both of their characters. I think it is because they both embody an awkwardness that is inside us all.

This movie also contains one of my favorite lines:

You're out of your tree - Joon
It's not my tree - Sam

For some reason, I find that line strangely appropriate to life in general...

1 comment:

Dionne said...

I love Benny & Joon too. Glad to see you back. Happy New Year!!!!!!!